Ramblings from a Boston Boy stuck in New York
Tag Archives: New England Patriots
14-January-2011Posted by on
I’ve purposely been quiet about this weekend’s game between the NY Jets and the NE Patriots, but I can’t help passing this along. It’s way too funny!
This little ditty is pretty much the ONLY thing that has come out of New England this week and it’s not from Tom Brady, Bill Belichick or any of the Patriots. Great stuff!
- Antonio Cromartie: What Does Tom Brady Have To Say About Cromartie’s Remarks? (bleacherreport.com)
- Cromartie explains his hatred for Brady (theglobeandmail.com)
- Jets’ cussing cornerback not about to back down (nypost.com)
23-December-2010Posted by on
Here we have Dan Connolly’s performance in what probably accounts for the most historic kick return by a guy who could eat an entire Old 96’er (Great Outdoors reference!). I know that this video has been played a lot this week, but I just can’t get over how awesome it is. Here you have a guy who is listed at 6’4″, 313lbs running 71 yards on a kick return. Freaking Awesome!
We all know that Dan Connolly is no Devin Hester. Not even close. For the most part, Connolly only ever gets his name called when he screws up a block. That’s the life of an offensive lineman – I know. But, he had every present and former lineman – regardless of what team you root for – standing up and cheering on this play. How could you not? Seeing a guy this big run with the ball, stiff arm and cut back is fun thing to watch.
Here’s to you, Mr. Connolly, for making all of us big guys cheer!
12-December-2010Posted by on
– Red Sox fans rejoiced as the hometown club introduced their new hard-hitting first baseman, Adrian Gonzalez, on Monday. The Sox were able to acquire Gonzalez’s hot bat and nearly perfect glove from the San Diego Padres for a handful of prospects.
– The much-awaited showdown between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets took place on Monday night with not much more than a whimper from the much ballyhooed* Jets. The Pats won handily, 45-3, solidifying their spot atop the AFC East and gaining and inside track to home field advantage during the playoffs.
– I’m a Dunkin Donuts kind of guy, but many of you will be interested in how Lifehacker.com tells us how to Hack Starbucks for Cheaper Coffee.
– Not much else going here this week. It’s just one of those slow weeks where you’re busy, but nothing major happens. This weekend was spent going to a first birthday party for a friend’s son on Saturday and then cooking up a bunch of pasta, homemade sauce, and ricotta meatballs for a big Italian dinner on Sunday night.
Best wishes for a great week next week everyone!
*I’ve always wanted to use the word ballyhooed in a blog post.
NFL Should Be Embarrassed for Fining Myron Pryor for Hit on Brett Favre – Instant Opinion – NESN.com
5-November-2010Posted by on
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Goodell needs to really rethink his whole plan. Football is a violent game, people are going to get him and people are going to get injured. Fining someone for a textbook tackle is a big step in the destruction of a great game!
1-November-2010Posted by on