Ramblings from a Boston Boy stuck in New York
Tag Archives: Dunlops
2-September-2005Posted by on
I’ve recently been bitten by the bug. My truck has turned into my new obsession. I will have it ready to do some beach-combing next summer! I can’t wait. First order of business is to put some decent sized tires on it (due to popping one this past week) and raise it up a bit. After that, the upgrade list looks something like this:
- Tires – After popping my right rear the other day (pulling out of PepBoys of all places) and realizing that the tires where going south quickly anyways, this has become a top priority. I’ve been tooling around and found two that I really like.
I’ve got 235/75/R15’s on there now – I was thinking about bumping up to 265/75/R15’s (or bigger). Any thoughts on this?
- Driver’s Side Foglight Replacement – Rock busted it while I was playing in the parking lot of a local snowboard hill in NJ. Finally got around to getting the part. Should be replacing it this weekend.
Near Future Mods
- Diamond Clear Corners & Headlights
- Tinted (or aftermarket) Tail Lights
- Explorer Brake Light Decal
- Uniform Tint in Driver & Passenger Windows
- Billet Grill
- Interior Mods – dash knobs, gauges, & door handles are all possibilities
- Rear View Mirror – Something snapped a year or two ago in this stupid thing and it shakes like hell. Gotta get a replacement
- Cargo Bay Cover – The spring some how broke (I think one of my buddies – or my wife – pulled it out too far), so it doesn’t retract without manually rolling it back. Needs replacing since I use it alot.
Long Term Upgrades
- K&N Air Intake
- Torsion Lift – need more info/how-to info (been doing some research online)
- Shackle Kit – ditto above
- Upgrade (stock +6-CD in arm rest) sound system
- More to come
I’ve got a ton of other stuff I want to tackle including intake and exhaust, not to mention getting the truck detailed next spring and then hopefully repainted in a year or two. All kinds of fun – this weekend starts it all off with a few fixes – replacing the driver’s side fog light (broken at Mountain Creek this winter) and replacing a lug bolt that snapped last weekend while I was replacing all four pads and rotors.
Fun city! I love working on my truck!