Ramblings from a Boston Boy stuck in New York
Tag Archives: cooking
6-December-2010Posted by on
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I grew up in a fairly traditional Italian household. You know the drill – pasta at least three nights a week, church on Sunday morning, no meat on Friday during Lent, and a mother who was both skilled in filling your belly and being able to guilt trip you into doing anything she wanted you to do. All of our family activities involved some kind of Italian food – lasagna, meatballs and sausage, stuffed shells, etc. I was never really exposed to foods from other cultures – our family friends were mostly Italian or so Americanized that their menus had lost any major ethnic influence.
8-October-2010Posted by on
So, way back at the beginning of September, I posted about how busy I was and how I had a ton of stuff going on in my life. Not much has changed. My family is still nuts – I swear my girls get faster by the day – and work is still a bear. But, it’s all good. My girls are SUPER fun! My wife and I are planning a week long vacation, something we haven’t done in about four years, and work is always interesting.
But, all that excitement means that I’ve been neglecting this place. Not to fear though. While I haven’t been posting, I’ve been thinking about this blog a lot and where I want to go with it. The food part of it is great and I expect to continue on with some recipes as well as chronicling my adventures in the kitchen and on the grill / smoker. I’ve also identified a few things I want to write about in the future. Here’s just a little insight into what’s coming this way in the next few months:
- A multi-part series on how I’ve implemented a GTD-ish approach to life
- 3-Part series on travel guidance based upon everything I’ve learned in the last few months
- Product reviews for some cooking equipment
- Outline some potential modifications I plan on doing to my smoker
- Contemplations over my next smoker
- Discussions about some software I’m using and how they are best suited to my needs
- PS3 or Xbox – what should I buy?
- Any relevant sports discussions that come up
I hope you all stick around for the ride. It’s sure to be fun!